How to Take a Screenshot with Windows:
- Open the window or file that you want to capture. Make sure that it is the active window.
- Press the Print Screen button on the top right corner of your keyboard. This will take a picture of the whole screen.
- If you want a screenshot of just the active window, press ALT + Print Scrn.
- Open a graphics or word document.
- Hold down the CTRL +V keys to paste the screenshot into your program or an email.
- Choose FILE on the top left of the screen and then SAVE AS.
- Locate the file where you would like to save the file. Name the file and save it.
How to take a Screenshot with a MAC:
- Hold down Shift, Command, and the number 3 to take a picture of the entire screen. A file will save to your desktop.
- Hold down Shift, Command, and the number 4 to take a picture of a certain area on the screen.
- Hold down the mouse button and run the select tool over the area that you would like to shoot. Then, let go.
- A file will save to your desktop.
- You can then attach the picture to an email or use it as any other digital document.
These directions were derived from this YouTube.com link: